Oh, look! January is over. Admit it, you already forgot about your yearly goals :P. Well, maybe not yet, I still have some of them in mind.
Anyway, considering that only the cold bothered me this month I’m quite satisfied with it. And since I know some people had some nasty time this month – I wish you all the best for the rest of the year!
The bookish statistics
- Finished 9 stories: 1 ebook, 4 paper books, 4 graphic novels, together 2365 pages.
- Average rating: 3.89
- Books bought: 8 which still makes my bought-to-read ratio positive, but only slightly.
- I’m fixing my new to known authors ratio. And by fixing I mean I’ve read more books by the authors I already knew and liked before. Will see if I can hold it till the rest of the year. My goal is to make it more or less equal amount.
Sooo there goes my “buy fewer books” goal, right? But I still have 11 more months to make the balance right and those Gaiman book covers are amazing!
In other news:
- I’ve read one of the books I had on my to-read list for 2017 – “Largo Winch” and it’s the second volume too :).
- And one of the “winter reads” I had on my list – “Harry Potter“
- I’m quietly hoping the coldest days are behind us because I really have enough of cold, snowless weather.
- I finished one of my models:I’ve started another one, but I don’t think it will be finished anytime soon :P. Instead, my friend and I worked on a gift model and I have to say sailing boats are WAY harder to assemble than those cute sci-fi ships. Luckily we managed to finish on time ;P.
- My current gaming obsession: Risen 3. I’m on a good path of finishing it!
If you ever played this series you should know it’s good :D. I liked the first game (which I kind of started playing again too) and this one is way better.
And if you never played it, but you know Gothic games – this one is pretty much the same quality as it was made by the same company :P. So yeah, it’s good!
- I suffer from lack of RPG sessions… it seems no one has time or will to play lately
- I almost forgot, look at my awesome rhino slippers:
Favorite book of the month
Go, await the frost by Marta Krajewska
I might’ve already written it was great! When it will finally be published in English you’ll be able to read it and know what I felt :).
It’s fantastic that I was able to make a brand new addition to my “Favorites” shelf so early in the year :).
Cyclope by Jean Van Hamme
It wasn’t that bad, but it was rather disappointing comparing to the TV show I remember from my childhood. I was expecting way more action and less history and there are those prolonged parts filled with characters stories written in a less than fascinating way.
All the other stories I’ve read:
As usual – from worst to best and links (click on covers) lead either to my reviews or to Goodreads page.
None this month, 4,5 star at most, but one of those did end up as my favorite 🙂 and it was a pleasure to re-read Harry Potter.
Currently reading / listening to:
I still have Hero on my “currently-reading” list, even though I haven’t opened it for a while :/.
Working on reviews:
I intend to write a joined review for the Largo Winch books and one extra for Mer. I don’t know if it will be a full one because I didn’t like this story much, but maybe that’s even a better reason to review it? We shall see :).
Thank you all!