Another rather calm and chilly month had passed. More books were bought, some promotions used, first Christmas gifts found, very few posts were written and read :P. I’m not really sorry for that. I think I needed a rest.
Today’s summary will be short, so I’ll try not to bore you too much ;).
The bookish statistics
- Finished 11 stories: 4 novels, 1 graphic novel, 3 mangas, 2 short stories, 1 audio together 2107 pages of every possible type 😛
- Average rating: 3.8 which isn’t very good, but still above my GR average
- Goodreads still shows I’m behind schedule on yearly challenge, but I still haven’t added some books I’ve listened to, so… not really behind ;P
In other news:
- Getting up in the morning when it’s still dark outside is horrible. I’m finding my growing addiction to coffee disturbing 😉
- this quote could pretty much be my monthly theme if I actually achieved something 😛
“Progress isn’t made by early risers. It’s made by lazy men trying to find easier ways to do something.” — Robert A. Heinlein
- I’ve already written about it, but I found this cool page filled with audiobooks and I’m pretty much overusing my headphones right now listening to every book I can before the 30-day test period is over: www.playster.com/
Favorite book of the month
The Wild Swans by Hans Christian Andersen
Fairytale wins this month. This book contains two stories I’ve known and liked since childhood and it looks like I still like them. Add to that shiny new edition and it’s just the thing you might want for yourself or for your child.
Full review on GR, I’ll publish it here just before publication date.
Nightmare Before Christmas by Jun Asuka
Well, that was unexpected. I wanted to like it, but it just wasn’t so good. You’d think making a graphic story based on an animated movie would be easy – simply choose proper scenes and you’re done, right? I guess it’s just not enough.
All the other stories I’ve read:
As usual – from worst to best and links (click on covers) lead either to my reviews or to Goodreads page.
Currently reading / listening to:
Now, to be honest, I haven’t started Freeks yet, bt it looks like fun ;). Currently, I’m listening to Nevernight and can’t stop! It is pretty addictive and I like it :).
Working on reviews:
These reviews should be online pretty soon, especially the first one, since it’s being published on 5th.
Yancy Lazarus series is quite fun. A nice set of novels if you can’t wait for another Dresden book to show up. And the Beholder – the review is almost ready – it’s the second volume of necromancer stories that get better and better the longer you read.
Thank you all!