Seeing all those kids going to school makes me think of one thing – can’t they start lessons earlier and not overcrowd my train! Seriously, vacations were so beautiful – plenty of space to sit on and the trains were even on time more often, and now… Damn the next months will be hard.
Plus it’s cold. I don’t like when it’s cold. I’m getting sick and I don’t like it. The sun is still there, it just doesn’t warm you up anymore.
Do I sound depressed already? 😉
Anyway, it’s not so bad, but I already miss hot summer, especially since we had so little of it this year. And I’ll have a motivation to dust off some of these paperbacks to read on the cold – Kindle doesn’t like cold weather ;).
In other news:
- There are now over 500 people following my humble blog!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!
- I finally managed to un-mess my bookshelves! Oh yes, they are in order now. You have no idea how easy it is to find the book you’re looking for when you know the order. Fantastic! [I wonder how long will it last]
- In addition to my little library cleanup, I’ve listed all my books, right now I’ve got 470 books :D.
- I watched all of the Big Fat Quizzes again… Yup, I like them and I’m not ashamed to admit it. And bad dong to you if you haven’t seen them! [a little hint – youtube has them all]
- From the gaming life – Victor Vran is a fun game if you like to smash things while listening to a quirky narrator who apparently doesn’t like you :P. Kind of a crossover between Diablo and Bastion.
- I finally repainted my front door! Now they have a nice dark-green color and I love it. It was supposed to be brighter, but when the color dried out it looked like an eye-hurting bug-magnet, so I bought a darker shade.
- My friends and I keep working on our diets and I managed to prove them you can still eat chips and loose weight 😛 [although syrup-sweetened coffee and hot chocolate might doom me]. And no, I haven’t eaten only salad, I’m way too addicted to food to do that! But I do recommend soups!
- I’ve got myself few succulent plants because they’re supposed to be tough and I like their alien look ;). One of them is called Gollum! I even named the little guys. I hope they’ll grow because for now, they might not be much to look at, but I already love them :).
- I’m getting obsessed with D&D… right now our little group is trying to get comfortable enough to actually play out our characters and when we’re not playing I’m watching RPG sessions on youtube :D. I like the Provokers. They made me stay up late at night, which is not so good, but they also gave me some ideas for my character. She’s coming up to life now and I already have quite a backstory for her. I only wish I could actually write ;). Oh, and there are also Force Gray guys – I like this GM, but the players are also fun.
The bookish statistics
- Finished 34 stories! Seems like a lot, right? But if you’ll see what these were, you won’t be so impressed: 1 audio book, 4 novels, 5 graphic novels, 3 short stories, 21 mangas 😛 (well, more like Naruto + 1).
Together 2512 pages in books and 3979 pages of Naruto :P.
- Average rating: 4.5, unless you’ll skip Naruto, then 3.9
- Thanks to all that I’m finally ahead in Goodreads Challenge
- But I think I’ll have troubles finishing the A-Z challenges again. Well, there are still few months to go so we’ll see.
Favorite book of the month
But I’ll choose something that was cute and adorable – “Light” by Rob Cham. I wrote a review of this sweet little thing and you can find it here: Beware the cuteness. ADORABLE! Yes, I’ll keep saying that because I loved this little graphic story :D.
Well, I wish I could say something better about this story, but I found it lacking. For a graphic novel – it seemed unfinished and the style was very draft-like and not so pretty. From the story – maybe it was just too short and with all that was trying to happen it looked like some parts of the story were missing. Maybe if there were some more pages it would get better, but as it is now, I can’t say I liked it.
All the other stories I’ve read:
As usual – from worst to best and links (click on covers) lead either to my reviews or to Goodreads page.
Well, I actually rated all of the Naruto manga with 5-stars, but I think it will be a bit too much if I’ll put all the covers here :P.
Laughing in a Cloudy Sky is so cute! I totally fall in love with the characters and I simply need to read more of this story. This first part is split into two stories – a kind of origin that takes most of the book and is a rather cute love story with a sad twist and a short introduction to the current situation and the characters that will be main ones in later parts. It looks like this manga has only 6 volumes and I intend to read them all :D.
Currently reading / listening to:
Why did nobody warn me that Kingkiller is intended to be just a trilogy and that the third volume isn’t even finished yet?! How am I supposed to continue my life after that!!!
Anyway, I finally started reading this and I was hooked after the prolog. How often does that happen?! This man can write! I liked him before I’ve started reading this book, now I’m totally in love :D.
I’ve listened to about a half of “I’ll give you the sun” and I have no idea what people see in this. Yes, it has some good moments, but most of the time I simply want to give up on this one. Maybe I will, but for now, it still has the “currently reading” status.
As for Angels in the shadows, I’ll talk about it more when I’ll read more because lately, I can’t find time to read. Why? It’s all because of a certain blue-haired girl from D&D :P.
Working on reviews:
Ooooh dear, I’ve got a lot to work on. These six are just a start.
Thank you all!