I found this tag on Kat’s blog – The impossible girl blog and decided I really need to do that! Well, it took me a while, but here it goes :D. Aaand I’m gonna have this song stuck in my head again. At least it’s a good one 😀
1. Mama, just killed a man – A fictional character’s death that really upset you?
There’s just one that goes through my mind right now, at least just one that I still can’t believe is dead. I probably shouldn’t mention it yet, or at least everyone who haven’t read “Heroes or Thieves” shouldn’t know about it yet, but here it goes, written in white so only the super curious ones who don’t mind spoilers will read:
Did you seriously think I’m going to tell you?!?!
READ THE BOOK and you’ll know my pain.
2. Carry on, carry on – Pick a book that was hard to keep reading but was worth it in the end?
Graceling by Kristin Cashore – I’ve started this book three times before I actually read it. The beginning was slow, but in the end, I liked it and I intend to read the second book.
I’ll limit this to my own shelf, shall I. And the winner is – Narnia in this lovely two-book box set. I couldn’t resist it when I’ve seen it in the shop :D. And I’ve got no regrets.
4. Goodbye everybody, I’ve got to go – A book that you couldn’t finish?
My last DNF was supposed to be a fast and pleasurable read, but I simply couldn’t go on – Strawberry Cream Cupcake & Murder by Ann S. Marie
5. Thunderbolt and lightning, very, very frightening – which book did you find very, very frightening?
I don’t really read horror books. I think the scariest one was “Dracula” and I can’t really say I had chills reading it.
But, I sometimes listen to some scary stories on BBC and there were few adaptations worth mentioning:
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
- Concrete Island by J.G. Ballard
- The Willows by Algernon Blackwood
6. Bismillah, no! We will not let you go – which book/series do you wish there had been more of?
Black Magician by Trudi Canavan – a fantastic series that every fantasy fan should read! And I really wish a certain person would live and that we’d have like hundred more books with them!
7. Mamma mia, mamma mia – which book/series should be made into a musical?
I like musicals and I know they don’t need to be ridiculous, but right now, when I’ve read this question, I imagined a certain astronaut dancing on the surface of Mars and singing about his incoming death :D. Let’s face it – he would so do it!
8. The head banging bit – Which book made you face-palm?
Sin eater’s daughter by Melinda Salisbury – I lost count how many times I face-palmed while reading this. Some of them were even in public…
9. Oh baby, can’t do this to me, baby – pick a moment from a book where you felt like the author was being mean to you?
Ooooh I’ve gotta cling to my latest addition to authors hall of fame (my favorite ones) J.J. Sherwood and her Steps of Power books… There were several moments there and mentioning any would be spoling the fun, but anyone who read it will know.
10. Nothing really matters to me – which character/s did you not care about?
Let’s get back to Sin eater’s daughter – the only thing I cared about here was for the book to end and to kick each of the characters ass because they seriously needed that!