This time, I’ve got for you several stories categorized as one show on BBC. What’s the connection? These are all stories about future, but not what you might hope it will look like – the dark future that none of us would wish for. Prepare yourself for some disturbing tales.
1. Dangerous visions
Dramas that explore contemporary takes on future dystopias. You will be disturbed, as you see the present reflected in the glass of an uneasy future.
Day left: 19
Duration: from 15 min to 1 hour
This week’s links will look different. We’ll have very short, one-episode stories and ones that are aired in several parts. Maybe you’ll find only one of these interesting, maybe you’ll listen to them all.
I haven’t started them myself – I’m a bit behind with BBC, but I did enjoy the previous stories from Dangerous visions, I actually found two or three authors I researched after these. I hope this set will be just as good.
And here are the stories listed chronologically:
- Blackout by Julian Simpson [1 episode x 15 min]
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley [2 episodes x 60 min]
- Produce by Joseph Wilde [1 episode x 45 min]
- Your Perfect Summer, On Sale Here by Ed Harris [1 episode x 45 min]
- News from Nowhere by William Morris [1 episode x 45 min]
- The Kraken Wakes by John Wyndham [2 episodes x 60 min]
- The Fanglur And The Twoof by Toby Litt [1 episode x 15 min]
- Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro [10 episodes x 15 min]
- Spine by Anita Sullivan [1 episode x 15 min]
- Inertia by Melissa Lee-Houghton [1 episode x 15 min]
Together that’s 8 hours and 45 minutes of listening time. I think I’ll leave you at that this week. I’ll have some more goodies next time.