Welcome to my new series!
First of all, let me tell what will it be about. I seem to be a person whose rather addicted to books, but I do know I’ll never be able to read all the books I want, so I instead I’m listening to BBC versions of abridged and dramatized novels. They have quite a choice, from good old classics, through some nice SF and Fantasy dramas to some of the new releases. I know this way I won’t really be able to know the book thoroughly or recognize authors writing style, but BBC, at least, gives me a chance to get to know some of the books that won’t get into my reading list.
There’s also the other side – I can also listen to these dramatizations after reading a book. If I liked the story this is an occasion to listen to it again.
Since this is the first BBC post this year and since I haven’t done that in a while I’ve got several positions for you today. In future episodes, there will one or two dramas and I suppose I won’t be doing this every single week, BBC Thursday will be a bi-weekly post.
What will you see here?
- Title of the book the dramatization was based on
- Author of the book and any other interesting person that will be mentioned in BBC’s description
- The description itself :), I might shorten it if BBC will put too much text or use description from Goodreads instead
- Link to the dramatization and to Goodreads if I’ll find it
- Number of days you’ll have to listen to it
- Time of each episode and number of episodes
- My rating if I’ve already listened to it and maybe a short comment about it.